Hon. Shri Annasaheb Dange Ayurved Medical College, PG and Ph D recognized research center and Dhanwantari Hospital, Ashta was established in
the year 1999 with permission from the Government of Maharashtra, Central
Council of Indian Medicine [C.C.I.M.] and Dept. of AYUSH, Ministry of health
and family welfare, New Delhi, India. This is the foremost Ayurved College in
Maharashtra where the medium of instruction is Marathi as well as English with
an intake capacity of 100 UG students, 31 PG students and 12 Ph D students in 4
subjects : Rachana Sharir, Kriya Sharir, Rasa shatra and Panch karma. A quill
to the crown of Institute was added by NAAC, Banglore with B+ grade.
The study of Ayurveda includes herbal medicine, dietetics,
surgery, psychology and spirituality. It not only deals with medical science,
but also with the social, ethical, intellectual, and spiritual life of human
being. In recent years, Ayurved is a worldwide spreading science where it has
begun to flourish along with holistic, patient oriented, natural, non-invasive
approach to medical system. At ADAMC, the students are exposed to learn Ayurved
The Institute building is a masterpiece of architecture basks in
fine aesthetics and is impressive as
well. It has a beautiful statue of Lord Dhanwantari at entrance which is the God
of health and imparts a serene and peaceful feeling in those who walk in.
With a view to make available enormous opportunities for the
rural masses in higher and medical education, Honourable Shri Annasaheb Dange,
a social reformer in true sense, vowed to establish an ambitious project of an
Ayurvedic Medical college at Ashta Dist Sangli.
With its dedicated faculty, staff and sincere efforts of
students put together the Institute has earned good reputation in the
Maharashtra state. There is remarkable percentage of distinction students in
every university examinations. Total 15 Gold medals are achieved by the
students in MUHS exams till date today.
Hon Shri Annasaheb Dange Institute aspires to be world class, to
generate & sustain excellence in Ayurved education and research in a
supportive and stimulating academic environment. High quality research activity
will be proposed in focused areas, with particular reference to research
priorities of institute and public health problems. The Institute will be a
leader in transforming the health of communities through its purposeful
integration of education, research and clinical care with compassion and
highest ethical values.
- Hon. Shri. Annasaheb Dange Institute provide the
students a high academic potential with the Ayurved Medical education of
exceptional quality and prepare a physicians and other health care
professionals to serve the humanity.
- Our mission includes educating all the students in
accordance with highest professional standard with holistic approach
enriched with ethical values and saints.
- ADAMC prepare socially accountable, community based
physicians, and health professionals who are uniquely qualified in Ayurved
medicines to make equilibrium in the health of patients and community.
- Emphasis is placed on enhancing skills and habits of
life long learning and producing competent PG students in Ayurved medicine
by providing an environment of diversity, clinical innovation and
We intend to
continually enhance performance of our Institute through:
· Functioning in a structured, organized &
- Being conscious about our responsibilities and
authorities at formal & informal levels.
- Taking every possible initiative in the role assigned.
At the end of the Programme
students will be able to,
1. State Basics of Sanskrit, Ayurveda and other Health Sciences.
2. Use technology in diagnostic and treatment activities.
3.Employ appropriate skills, attitude, and responsibility
towards humanity within professional limitations.
4. Follow the rules of Bio-medical waste from the view of
5. Implement Ayurvedic principles and procedures in diagnosis and
6. Manage clinics, projects, hospital and finance.
7. Apply knowledge of ethical standards and legal
responsibilities in practice.
8. Have a holistic approach towards humanity as a whole.
9. Pursue for post-graduation studies.
10. Assess and plan researches in multidisciplinary streams by
applying the knowledge of Ayurveda.
1. Prepare/develop and implement the procedures, treatment plan
for the specialty (domain specific) treatment.
2. Treat complex diseases;
3. Record evidences and analyze / diagnose the patient;
4. Apply specialized knowledge in the Ayurveda system of
5. Conduct research.
UG programme will
produce graduates who will
1. Have successful
2. Follow and
recommend preventive measures of Ayurveda;
3. Perform clinical
activities and manage clinics and hospitals;
4. Be engaged in
ongoing learning and professional development;
5. Be responsible
PG programme will
produce post-graduates who will
1. Be highly valued
2. Competent enough in
managing health care services
3. Be able to manage
specialty care in hospitals.
4. Use evidence based
approach in Ayurveda practice.
5. Have research