Sharir Rachana Department
DEPARTMENT OF RACHANA SHARIR
The subject of Rachana sharir is one among the basic subjects in the curriculum of BAMS Under graduation (First year) as well as Post graduation. This subject helps us to understand the study of normal body structures as stated in ayurvedic samhitas as well as modern science. Complete dissection of cadaver in a systematic manner forms the major part of the practicals.
The department is situated on the first floor of main college building. The total area occupied by the department is 255 sq. mtr. It has separate areas for Faculty Cabins, PG Tutorial room, Departmental library, Museum, Demonstration hall, Dissection hall, Cadaver storage room.
The Institute started with the post-graduate programme with this subject in 2008-2009. The intake capacity for post-graduation in the subject was 02 per year from 2008-2009 to 2013-2014. The intake was increased to 06 students per year from 2014-2015 till date.
- To educate the students of UG and PG courses with the help of human cadaver dissection.
- To deliver the knowledge regarding structural details of human body by theory and practicals.
- To make the students well oriented with the applied and clinical relevant details of human body.
- To conduct research projects through PG students to enlighten the Shaarira explained in Ayurvedic Samhitas and its applicability in today’s world.
Salient features of the department:-
- Well qualified staff with eminent experience
- Body donation campaign and embalming procedures
- Adequate area for dissection hall and museum
- Ample number of cadavers provided to UG and PG students
- Well developed and well maintained museum of anatomy
- Weekly Departmental seminars and guest lectures
- Adequate study material in the form of models, specimens, charts, departmental library books is available for the students